10.14.2011

fatty cakes.

Before I post the promised blog spoken of in my last blog, I thought I'd post some nonsense.

Right now, Johnny is back in Texas starting work while I continue to live and work in Missouri. It's a beautiful area, really... and the weather is wonderful. But I am sort of finding myself bored to death. I could be doing things to keep myself busy, like folding those clothes in the dryer right now, but... eh. I'm the only one waiting on them, and I don't need them.

I could be reading all the books on my shelf that I've been waiting to read with the free time that I've never had until recently.

I could be working out, but I really do prefer walking/running outside, and I refuse to go by myself. I grew up in the country, and am convinced you city folk are just waiting for helpless and uncoordinated females like myself to be alone so you can, I don't know honestly. Shove me and take my water bottle? Dirty, mad thieves. I've just now gotten over being paranoid of being alone in the apartment, not sure I ever will feel okay walking around by myself on city sidewalks.

I don't really like working out in gyms, because it's weird when someone else comes in. I mean, if we're all being honest, I think we'll admit that if you've ever been in a gym and there's that one person who doesn't really know what they're doing (not to say that I know what I'm doing, but I think I know what it shouldn't look like) and you just. can't. help. but. watch... I know, it's awful. That's really shallow of me. But if it makes you feel better, I'm that person in the gym as well, and I always get the feeling someone is laughing inwardly at me and my... unique way of lifting weights and running? Anyway, I wasn't blessed with an incredibly fast metabolism like many of the surrounding envied females, so I have to eat right and work out to stay as close as I can to the category of "fit". But, with all the spoken of problems above, I told Johnny that I must be destined to just be a chubby bunny. I am eating pretty okay though. And I do have some 3 pound weights that I work with in the privacy of my own apartment, and feel comfortable to be as goofy as I like.

I guess I've been successful in the last 2 days of one thing (besides work, but that wasn't exactly a problem before), and that's blogging. I've wanted to keep a consistent blog, but have never found the time. Now I have it. Plenty of it.

It's so funny how for literally years I've craved a little bit more time to myself, and now that I have it, I feel quite unmotivated. Buh... o, to be one of those graceful, accomplished young ladies that has it all together.

So. Plans for my Friday night. Let's bring in the weekend with a movie from Block Buster? Yes. Icecream? Maybe. Geez, I wish I could afford Chinese take-out. I'm not even aware of a good Chinese food joint around here. Come to think of it, I haven't had Chinese food in months, and I'm crazy about Chinese food... crab rangoon, noodles, mongolian beef and rice... sweet mercy. Where can I find some super cheap, super good Chinese food here like that of Magic China in Longview, TX? And tomorrow, being my day off... I'll sleep in, I'll go get the bridemaid dress I need for a December wedding at David's Bridal, I'll pick up some well priced Christmas presents at the book sale tomorrow at work, and then I'll think about cooking a delicious dinner, but will end up resorting to leftover chicken salad like I will today.

Speaking of which...

No comments:

Post a Comment